Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Police - History
The following resources are available for those with an interest in Police - both as ancestors and as a part of our history:
- Likewise, the London Metropolitan Police have a unique history and interesting past.
- The Police History Society
64, Nore Marsh Road,
Their Journal is available at the Family History Library (FHL) in Salt Lake City, call no. 942 U25j
e-mail: Steve Bridge
- "A History of Police in England & Wales," London, Constable, 1978, ISBN 0094614903, FHL call no. 942 H2cr
- Don't overlook the Fire & Police Museum in Sheffield.
- There is also a Police mailing list on Rootsweb. To subscribe, send the word "subscribe" in the body of your e-mail, without the quotes, to:
- And again for collectors and the curious, check out Police Helmets from Great Britain
E-Mail to: S. M. Marsh
- A little outside of Lincolnshire, but the GENUKI, Devonshire, site has a couple of local police history books (by S. Dell and W. Hutchings) listed under Occupations.