The following resources are available for those with an interest
in Police - both as ancestors and as a part of our history:
- Likewise, the London Metropolitan Police
have a unique history and interesting past.
- The Police History Society
64, Nore Marsh Road,
Their Journal is available at the Family History Library (FHL) in
Salt Lake City, call no. 942 U25j
e-mail: Steve Bridge
- "A History of Police in England & Wales," London,
Constable, 1978, ISBN 0094614903, FHL call no. 942 H2cr
- Don't overlook the Fire &
Police Museum in Sheffield.
- There is also a Police mailing list on Rootsweb. To subscribe,
send the word "subscribe" in the body of your e-mail, without the
- And again for collectors and the curious, check out Police Helmets
from Great Britain
E-Mail to: S. M.
- A little outside of Lincolnshire, but the GENUKI,
Devonshire, site has a couple of local police history books
listed under Occupations.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
Page created by Louis R. Mills
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be
used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions
concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on
individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered
to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation
that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence
threaten its whole future.
[Last updated: 31 Aug 2013- Brian Randell]
Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.