[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"ASTWICK, a parish in the hundred of Biggleswade, in the county of Bedford, 4 miles to the south east of Biggleswade, its post town. It is situated on a branch of the river Ivel, on the borders of Hertfordshire. An ancient Roman road, entering the county from Hertfordshire, passes near this place. The living is a rectory united with the vicarage of Arlsey, in the diocese of Ely. The church is dedicated to St. Guthlac."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013