GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

BARTON-IN-THE-CLAY

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"BARTON-IN-THE-CLAY, (or Barton-le-clay), a parish in the hundred of Flitt, in the county of Bedford, 6 miles to the north of Luton. Silsoe is its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, of the value of £400, in the patronage of the crown. The church contains a monumental brass, and is dedicated to St. Nicholas. There is an endowed school, founded in 1807 by Edward Willis, for 40 children. It has an income of £50. There are several other charities.

"CHURCH END, a hamlet in the parish of Barton in the Clay, county of Bedfordshire, ¼ mile south east of Barton in the Clay."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014