Battlesden, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
BATTLESDEN: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"BATTLESDEN, a parish in the hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (S. S. E.) from Woburn, containing 151 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, with that of Potsgrove annexed, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £ 12. 9. 7., and in the patronage of Sir G. P. Turner, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. This place affords the title of baron to Earl Bathurst."