[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750] (unless otherwise stated)
"BIGGLESWADE, (Bedfordshire) 5 m. from Bedford, 35 cm. and 45 mm. from London, is pleasantly situated on the r. Ivel, which is here navigable by boats. It was noted, by Camden, for its horse-fair and stone-bridge, and had formerly a mon. or rather a college, or gild. It being a thoroughfare bet. London and York, it is well supplied with inns, and has 2 ch. s. Its Mt. is on Tu. Fairs Feb. 2, Mond. after Low-Sund. Whit-Mond. July 21, Oct. 23, Nov. 1"
"STRATTON, (Bedfordshire) near Biggleswade, bel. formerly to the Latimers, the Enderbies, and the Pigots, and is now the seat of -Cotton, Bt."