Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Bolnhurst, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1831.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"BOLNHURST, a parish in the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 7 miles north-east from Bedford, containing 264 inhabitants. The living is a rectoy, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9, and in the patronage of William Guppy, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Dunstan. A free school, founded by the Rev. Baker, in 1791, has an endowment of £12, per annum, for which about twelve children are instructed gratuitously."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]