[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"BROMHAM, a parish in the hundred of Willey, in the county of Bedford, 3 miles to the north west of Bedford. The Midland railway runs near it. The parish lies on the banks of the river Ouse, which curves round it on three sides and is crossed by a bridge. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, of the value with that of Oakley, of £336, in the patronage of the Provost and Fellows of Eton College. The church is dedicated to St. Owen. It contains several brasses and monuments to the families of Trevor and Dyve. One of the brasses is of earlier date than 1537. The principal residence is Bromham House, formerly the seat of the Trevors, and lately of the Viscountess Hampden. It stands in a small and pleasant park."
"BRIDGE END, a hamlet in the parish of Bromham, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile south of Bromham."
"VICARAGE GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Bromham, county of Bedfordshire, ½mile north west of Bromham."
The church of St. Owen, situated in Bromham Park, is an ancient edifice of stone, in the Gothic style of the 13th century, and consists of chancel with vestry on the north, nave, north aisle, north and south porches and a lofty embattled tower containing 6 fine-toned bells, bearing the motto of the Dyve family who were the donors both of the bells and the communion plate: in the Dynevor chapel is an elaborate memorial window to the late Lord Dynevor; in the south wall of the chancel is a piscina, and on the opposite side an aumbry; on a slab in the chancel pavement is a fine palimpsest brass, originally representing a man and his two wives of the early 15th century, but, as now reversed, it commemorates Sir T. Wilde, his wife and mother, with the date 1535 : against the wall of the aisle is a monument of alabaster, with recumbent effigy, clad in armour, of Sir Lewis Dyve, 1603, commander of the Ring's forces for the Newport Pagnell district, during the Great Rebellion; , there are also other interesting monuments : over the south porch is a small library, and inserted in the wall outside the room is an incised slab, recording the foundation of the library by Thomas Lord Trevor, in 1740: against one of the piers of the nave is an ancient alms box in 1868 the church was restored by the parishioners, the chancel rebuilt at the cost of the Hon. Miss Rice-Trevor, and a chapel erected over the Dynevor family vault by the late Lord Dynevor. The register dates from the year 1570 and the list of incumbents from the year 1225. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]