[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750] (unless otherwise stated)
"SHEFFORD, (Bedfordshire) 34 cm. 40 mm. from London, and about 3 m. S. of Stratton, stands bet. 2 rivulets, with a bridge over each, and a Ch. which is a chapel of ease to Campton. It has a Mt. on F. and a Fair, July 7. Sir -Osborn, Bt. has a seat here."