[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831] (unless otherwise stated)
"CAMPTON, a parish in the hundred of CLIFTON, county of BEDFORD, 3¾ miles (east-north-east) from Silsoe, containing, with the chapelry of Shefford, 1028 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £11.9.7., and in the patronage of Sir J. Osborne, Bart. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The manor, in which the small village of Campton, formerly called Camelton, is situated, was anciently possessed by the noble family of Lisle; but, upon the estates of this film devolving to the crown, it was annexed to the honour of Ampthill : the manor-house is now occupied as a school-house."