[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"CHALGRAVE, a parish in the hundred of Manshead, in the county of Bedford, 5 miles south east of Woburn, and 7 from Leighton Buzzard. It contains the hamlets of Wingfield and Tebworth. The London and North-Western railway passes within 5 miles of the village, and has a station at Woburn Sands. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £150, in the patronage of the Rev. J. M. Hamilton. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is in the early English style."
"TEBWORTH, a hamlet in the parish of Chalgrave, county Bedford, 4 miles north-west of Dunstable."
"WINGFIELD, a hamlet in the parish of Chalgrave, county Beds, 3 miles north-west of Dunstable."
The church of All Saints is an ancient structure of mixed styles, consisting of chancel, nave of five bays, aisles, porch, and a now ruined western tower of Perpendicular date, containing 3 bells: the chancel is of the Decorated period, with Perpendicular insertions: the north arcade is Early English, the south, Decorated, the aisles are Early Decorated, with some Perpendicular insertions: there are two ancient tombs, one on each side of the nave, with life-sized effigies of knights in armour, in a good state of preservation. In 1889 the tower fell during a thunderstorm, and in falling destroyed part of the nave: the church has not yet been repaired, and services are held in a structure of brick at Tebworth. The register dates from the year 1539. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £130, with residence, in the gift of and held since 18,98 by the Rev. Edward Tritton Gurney R.A. of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. About 1770, the notorious Dr. William Dodd, executed for forgery 27th June, 1777, was incumbent of tile parish. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]
Here is a Wesleyan chapel. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]