GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

CHELLINGTON

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"CHELLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Willey, in the county of Bedford, 1 mile south east of Harrold, and 8 north west of Bedford. It is bounded on the west and north by the river Ouse. The living is a rectory annexed to the rectory of Carlton, in the diocese of Ely, value together, £370, in the patronage of Lord Dynevor. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a stone edifice. Here the Baptists have a place of worship. The manorial rights are vested in the trustees of the Dynevor family."

"BRIDGE END, a hamlet in the parish of Chellington, county of Bedfordshire, adjoining Chellington to the north."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Community Websites

Gazetteers

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014