[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"COLMWORTH, a parish in the hundred of BARFORD, county of BEDFORD, 5½ miles (south-west) from St. Neots, containing 450 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the kings books at £18, and in the patronage of William Guppy, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Denis, is a handsome structure with a lofty spire; it is in the early style of English architecture, and contains several ancient monuments."