Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Colmworth, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"COLMWORTH, a parish in the hundred of BARFORD, county of BEDFORD, 5 miles (W. by S.) from St. Neots, containing 450 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £18, and in the patronage of William Guppy, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Denis, is a handsome structure with a lofty spire; it is in the early style of English architecture, and contains several ancient monuments."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]