[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"COPLE, a parish in the hundred of WIXAMTREE, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (E. by S.) from Bedford, containing 524 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £7. 17., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Christ Church, Oxford. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains some ancient brasses. The navigable river Ouse passes along the northern boundary of this parish."