We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Dean, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.

DEAN:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)

"DEAN, a parish in the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (W. by S.) from Kimbolton, containing, with the hamlets of Upper Dean and Lower Dean, 479 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Joseph Neale, in 1702, gave land, now producing £55 a year, for teaching twenty poor boys."

"LOWER DEAN, a hamlet in the parish of DEAN, hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (W. N. W) from Kimbolton. The population is returned with the parish."

"UPPER DEAN, a hamlet in the parish of DEAN, hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (W. N. W) from Kimbolton. The population is returned with the parish."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]