GENUKI Home page    Dean Parish<br>main page Dean
Parish
main page

DEAN:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)

"DEAN, a parish in the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (W. by S.) from Kimbolton, containing, with the hamlets of Upper Dean and Lower Dean, 479 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Joseph Neale, in 1702, gave land, now producing £55 a year, for teaching twenty poor boys."

"LOWER DEAN, a hamlet in the parish of DEAN, hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (W. N. W) from Kimbolton. The population is returned with the parish."

"UPPER DEAN, a hamlet in the parish of DEAN, hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (W. N. W) from Kimbolton. The population is returned with the parish."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014