[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"EATON BRAY, a parish in the hundred of Manshead, county Bedford, 3 miles west of Dunstable, its post town, and 4 south east of Leighton Buzzard. A castle formerly stood here, supposed to have been built about the 13th century. The chief employment of the people is in the manufacture of straw-plait. The village is considerable. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £189, in the patronage of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary the Virgin. The Baptists and Wesleyans have each a chapel, and there is a National school for boys and girls. Mrs. Ann Macnamara is lady of the manor."
"EATON GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Eaton Bray, county of Bedfordshire, ¾ mile north west of Eaton Bray."
"HONEYWICK, a small hamlet in the parishes of Eaton Bray and Totternhoe, county of Bedfordshire, 2 miles west of Dunstable."
"MOOR END, a hamlet in the parish of Eaton Bray, county of Bedfordshire, 1 mile south of Eaton Bray."
"VALENCE END, a farmhouse in the parish of Eaton Bray, county of Bedfordshire, 2 miles south east of Eaton Bray."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013