[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"EDWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Biggleswade, county Bedford, 3 miles S.E. of Biggleswade, and 5 north west of Baldock, its post town. It is situated near the old Roman road. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £170. The church is a small stone edifice dedicated to St. George. William Hale, Esq., is lord of the manor."
The church of St. George is a small building of stone in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave, north and south transepts, north and south porches, and an embattled western tower containing 3 bells : there are two ancient stained windows in good preservation and in the chancel is a memorial window to members of the Smyth family : the church was restored in 1876, at a cost of £800 : there are 120 sittings. The register dates from the year 1552. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]