GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

EDWORTH

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"EDWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Biggleswade, county Bedford, 3 miles S.E. of Biggleswade, and 5 north west of Baldock, its post town. It is situated near the old Roman road. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £170. The church is a small stone edifice dedicated to St. George. William Hale, Esq., is lord of the manor."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014