[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"EVERTON, a parish in the hundred of Biggleswade, county Bedford, 6 miles N.E. of Biggleswade, and 11 east of Bedford. Potton is its post town, and the Sandy station on the Great Northern railway is about 3 miles south west of the village. It is situated on the borders of Cambridge, a portion of the parish being in that county. The village is very small. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value with the vicarage of Tetworth annexed, £200, in the patronage of Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church is a small building, dedicated to St. Mary. The charities amount to about £6 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. There are two manors in the parish-Everton and Tetworth. Stephen and Edward Thornton, Esqs., are lords of the first, and the Hon. Octavius Duncombe lord of the latter."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013