GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

EVERTON

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"EVERTON, a parish in the hundred of Biggleswade, county Bedford, 6 miles N.E. of Biggleswade, and 11 east of Bedford. Potton is its post town, and the Sandy station on the Great Northern railway is about 3 miles south west of the village. It is situated on the borders of Cambridge, a portion of the parish being in that county. The village is very small. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value with the vicarage of Tetworth annexed, £200, in the patronage of Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church is a small building, dedicated to St. Mary. The charities amount to about £6 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. There are two manors in the parish-Everton and Tetworth. Stephen and Edward Thornton, Esqs., are lords of the first, and the Hon. Octavius Duncombe lord of the latter."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Churches

Gazetteers

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014