We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
This page contains the Extra-Parochial places for Bedfordshire
[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1898]
"SHEFFORD HARDWICK, formerly extra-parochial, is now a parish, half a mile from the Shefford railway station, 8½ miles south-east from Bedford, in the Northern division of the county, petty sessional division, hundred, union and county court district of Biggleswade : it is mostly comprised in one farm, the property of Samuel Whitbread esq. of Southill Park, Biggleswade : the Midland railway runs through the parish. The area is 339 acres; rateable value, £387; the population In 1891 was 65. This place is included in the Shefford United School Board District and the children attend the school there."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]
[from Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]