[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"FARNDISH, a parish in the hundred of Willey, county Bedford, 5 miles south of Higham Ferrers, and 5 south east of Wellingborough, its post town. It is situated on the north-west border of the county, part of it being in Northamptonshire. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The tithes have been commuted for land under an Enclosure Act. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £195. The church is a small stone edifice, dedicated to St. Michael."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013