Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"FELMERSHAM, a parish in the hundred of WILLEY, county of BEDFORD, 7 miles (N.W. by N.) from Bedford, containing, with the hamlet of RacKveU, 390 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the vicarage of Pavenham united, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £13. 13. 4., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a handsome edifice in the early style of English architecture. The river Ouse runs through the parish, and is crossed by a bridge at Radwell."
"RADWELL, a hamlet in the parish of FELMERSHAM, hundred of WILLEY, county of BEDFORD, 7 miles (N. W. by N.) from Bedford, containing 168 inhabitants. There, is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]