[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"FLITWICK, a parish in the hundred of Redbornestoke, county Bedford, 3 miles S. of Ampthill, its post town, and 10 from Bedford. It is situated on the river Ivel, or Flitt, a tributary of the Ouse. A large portion of this parish is wood. A cell to Dunstable Priory was founded at Rokesae in 1170 by Phil. de Sannerville. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £230. The church is a Gothic structure, with Norman arch at the north doorway, dedicated to SS. Peter and Paul. There is a National school for both sexes. In the vicinity are traces of several camps. The tithes were commuted for land and corn rents under an Enclosure Act in 1806. J. T. Brooks, Esq., is the lord of the manor."
"CHURCH END, a village in the parish of Flitwick, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile to the south west of Flitwick."
"DENEL END, a hamlet in the parish of Flitwick, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile to the north west of Flitwick."
"EAST END, a hamlet in the parish of Flitwick, county of Bedfordshire, adjoining Flitwick to the south."
The church of SS. Peter and Paul is a small edifice of stone, in the Gothic style, restored and enlarged in 1858, and further improved in 1867, under the direction of Mr. W. Butterfield, architect: it consists of chancel, nave, aisles and an embattled tower containing 5 bells : on the north side is a Norman doorway; there are five memorial windows, one of which was erected in 1880 to the late Mr. S. Brooks, another was placed in 1885 by E. Jenkins esq. to his wife, and a third in 1898 to the Rev. F. Ashpitel, vicar, 1880.94; the oak reredos, erected in 1897, is a memorial to Mrs. J. H. Brooks : the organ was presented by the late Mrs. Brooks : the chancel was new-roofed in 1888, at the expense of Major Brooks J.P. The register dates from the year 1661. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]
There is a Wesleyan chapel at Denel End. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]