[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"FLITWICK, a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 2 miles (S. by W.) from Ampthill, containing 489 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £7. 17., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £ 200 royal bounty. The Duke of Bedford was patron in 1820. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. A monastery, or cell to Dunstable priory, was erected here in 1170, by Philip de Sannerville."