[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"GREAT BARFORD, a parish in the hundred of BARFORD, county of BEDFORD, 6 miles (E. N. E.) from Bedford, containing 635 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, united to that of Roxton, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. The navigable river Ouse, here crossed by a bridge, runs along the south-eastern border of the parish."