GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

GREAT BARFORD

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"GREAT BARFORD, a parish in the hundred of Barford, in the county of Bedford, 6 miles to the east of Bedford. St. Neot's is its post town. It lies on the north-west bank of the river Ouse, which is navigable, and is crossed by an ancient bridge. The living is a vicarage united with that of Roxton, in the diocese of Ely. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The Wesleyans have a chapel here.

"GREEN END, a hamlet in the parish of Great Barford, county of Bedfordshire, ¼ mile west of Great Barford."

"THE CREAKERS, a single house in the parish of Great Barford, county of Bedfordshire, 1½ miles north west of Great Barford. This house is on the site of an old manor house."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

Voting Registers

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014