[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"HARLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Manshead, county Bedford, 6 miles south-east of Woburn. Toddington is its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The tithes were commuted for land and a corn-rent under an Enclosure Act in 1808. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £143. The church, which is dedicated to St. Mary, has a square embattled tower. The charities produce about £9 per annum. Woodend in this parish was formerly a seat of the Astrey family. Harlington House is the principal residence."
"GOSWELL END, a hamlet in the parish of Harlington, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile north of Harlington."
"LOWER EAST END, a farm house in the parish of Harlington, county of Bedfordshire, ¾ mile east north east of Harlington."
"UPPER EAST END, a hamlet in the parish of Harlington, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile east north east of Harlington."
The church of St. Mary is an edifice of stone, in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave of four bays, and an embattled tower containing 5 bells: there is a stained window in the chancel, a memorial window to the late George Pearse esq. and his wife, a line painting of the "Crucifixion" and a tablet to one of the Astray family, dated 1716 : the church was partially restored in 1867, and a new organ provided in 1878. The register dates from the year 1647. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]
Here is a Wesleyan chapel. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]