GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

HARLINGTON

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"HARLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Manshead, county Bedford, 6 miles south-east of Woburn. Toddington is its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The tithes were commuted for land and a corn-rent under an Enclosure Act in 1808. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £143. The church, which is dedicated to St. Mary, has a square embattled tower. The charities produce about £9 per annum. Woodend in this parish was formerly a seat of the Astrey family. Harlington House is the principal residence."

"GOSWELL END, a hamlet in the parish of Harlington, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile north of Harlington."

"LOWER EAST END, a farm house in the parish of Harlington, county of Bedfordshire, ¾ mile east north east of Harlington."

"UPPER EAST END, a hamlet in the parish of Harlington, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile east north east of Harlington."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014