[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831] (unless otherwise stated)
" HAYNES, a parish in the hundred of FLITT, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (north-east) from Ampthill, containing 175 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £8, and in the patronage of Lord Carteret. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. A Sunday school is endowed with 50s. per annum, the gift of Villiers Fowler in 1708, for the instruction of poor children."