[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750] (unless otherwise stated)
"HOUGHTON-CONQUEST, With the Park, (Bedfordshire) on the N. side of Ampthil, was the seat of the E. of Ailesbury, and called Conquest from the ancient family of the Conquests. There is a fr. sc. here bel. to Sidney-Sussex-Coll. in Cambridge. Two common fields near this place, called Danes-Fields,are remarkable for many pits of 15 foot diameter."