Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Kempston, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"KEMPSTON, a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 2 miles (S. W. by W.) from Bedford, containing 1419 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £ 12, and in the patronage of the Rev. G. Ousley Fenwicke. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. Within the parish are the sites of several moated buildings."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]