[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"KNOTTING, a parish in the hundred of Stodden, county Bedford, 2 miles north of Sharnbrook, its post town, 10 north of Bedford, and 4½ south east of Higham Ferrers. The village, which is small, is wholly agricultural. The land is partly in common and wood. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £319 18s. The living is a rectory* united with that of Souldrop, in the diocese of Ely, joint value £275. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is a small edifice with a square tower. The Duke of Bedford is lord of the manor."
"KNOTTING GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Knotting, half a mile south of Knotting. There is here a Wesleyan Chapel."
The church of St. Margaret is a small edifice of stone in the Norman and Early English styles, with, Decorated insertions, and consists of chancel, nave, south porch, chapel and a small western tower containing a clock and one bell: the chancel arch is Norman, with zigzag mouldings : on the parapet of the tower is the date 1615, and a roof beam of the nave is dated 1669: there are about 70 sittings. The register dates from about the year 1592. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]
Here is a Wesleyan Methodist chapel. [Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]