GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

KNOTTING

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"KNOTTING, a parish in the hundred of Stodden, county Bedford, 2 miles north of Sharnbrook, its post town, 10 north of Bedford, and 4½ south east of Higham Ferrers. The village, which is small, is wholly agricultural. The land is partly in common and wood. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £319 18s. The living is a rectory* united with that of Souldrop, in the diocese of Ely, joint value £275. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is a small edifice with a square tower. The Duke of Bedford is lord of the manor."

"KNOTTING GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Knotting, half a mile south of Knotting. There is here a Wesleyan Chapel."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014