GENUKI Home page    Langford Parish<br>main page Langford
Parish
main page

LANGFORD:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1898.

[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1898]

"LANGFORD, a parish and village, bounded on the west by the river Ivel, 2 miles south from Biggleswade station on the main line of the Great Northern railway, 4 north-east from Shefford, 9 north from Hitchin and 7 north-north-west from Baldock, in the Northern division of the county, hundred, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Biggleswade, rural deanery of Shefford, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely.

The soil is chiefly gravel; subsoil, gravel; chief crops are, wheat, oats, barley and peas, and market garden produce. The area is 2,062 acres of land and 8 of water; rateable value £11,155; the population in 1891 was 1,183."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[from Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014