GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

LANGFORD

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"LANGFORD, a parish in the hundred of Biggleswade, county Bedford, 2 miles S. of Biggleswade, its post town, and 4 north east of Shefford. It is a small agricultural village situated on the river Ivel. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £240, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is a stone structure with a tower. The church contains the brass of a priest bearing date 1540. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. The Wesleyans and Baptists have each a chapel. Thomas Alexander Rainsford, Esq., is lord of the manor."

"BOOT END, a hamlet in the parish of Langford, county of Bedfordshire, ¾ mile south of Langford."

"FLEXMORE END, a hamlet in the parish of Langford, county of Bedfordshire, ¾ mile south east of Langford."

"WATER END, a hamlet in the parish of Langford, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile south of Langford."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Manors

Military History

Societies

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014