[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1898]
" STANBRIDGE, a small village and parish, , (was in the parish of Leighton Buzzard), 1 mile, north from Stanbridge Ford station on the Leighton Buzzard and Dunstable branch of the London and North Western railway, 3 miles east-by-south from Leighton Buzzard and about 4 north-west from Dunstable, in the Southern division of the county, hundred of Manshead, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Leighton Buzzard, rural deanery of Dunstable, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely.
The soil is of a kind of clay; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley, beans and peas. The area is 1,514 acres; rateable value, £2,504; the population in 1891 was 402."