[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"LIDLINGTON, a parish and village, with a station on the Bedford and Bletchley branch of the London and North Western railway, and is 3½ miles west from Ampthill station on the Midland railway, 8 south-south-west from Bedford and 55 from London by rail, in the Northern division of the county, hundred of Redbornestoke, petty sessional division, union and county court district of Ampthill, rural deanery of Fleete, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely.
The chief crops are wheat, oats, barley, beans, peas and roots. The soil is sand, gravel and clay. The area is 2,543 acres; rateable value, £3,969; the population in 1891 was 600."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]