GENUKI Home page    Lidlington Parish<br>main page Lidlington
Parish
main page

LIDLINGTON:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)

"LIDLINGTON, (or Litlington), a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 85 miles (W. byN.) from Ampthill, containing 739 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £11, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and £ 1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Duke of Bedford. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains an ancient tomb, with a brass effigy in armour of one of the Goldingtons, who possessed the manor of Goldington, in this parish, in the fifteenth century. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014