GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

LIDLINGTON

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"LIDLINGTON, (or Litlington), a parish in the hundred of Redbornestoke, county Bedford, 3½ miles north west of Ampthill. It is a station on the Bletchley and Bedford branch of the London and North-Western railway. The manor of Goldington, in this parish, was for many generations the seat of the Goldington family. The village is chiefly agricultural. The impropriation belongs to the Duke of Bedford. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £88. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains an ancient tomb with the brass effigy of a knight in armour. The Wesleyans have a place of worship, and there is a school with a small endowment.

"BOUGHTON END, a hamlet in the parish of Lidlington, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile south of Lidlington."

"SHEEPSTICK END, a hamlet in the parish of Lidlington, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile north west of Lidlington."

"THRUP END, a farm house in the parish of Lidlington, county of Bedfordshire, ½ mile north of Lidlington."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Community Websites

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014