"LITTLE BARFORD, a parish in the hundred of Biggleswade, in the county of Bedford, 2 miles to the south of St. Neot's, its post town. It is situated on the east side of the river Ouse, on the confines of Huntingdonshire. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, of the value of £254, in the gift of the Rev. J. Allington, incumbent. The church, an ancient edifice, is dedicated to St. Mary, and has a Norman arch, a curious screen, and a monumental brass of the year 1535.