Geographical and Historical information from the year 1898.
[Transcribed information from Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire - 1898]
"LITTLE STAUGHTON, (or STAUGHTON PARVA) a parish and village, on an eminence, 7 miles north-west from St. Neots station on the main line of the Great Northern railway, 10 north from Bedford and 5 south from Kimbolton, on the Hunts border of the county, in the Northern division of the county, hundred of Stodden, Sharnbrook petty sessional division, union and county court district of St. Neots, rural deanery of Riseley, archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Ely.
The soil is mixed; subsoil, clay and gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 1,744 acres; rateable value, £1,393 ; the population in 1891 was 378.
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]
[from Kelly's Directory - Bedfordshire - 1898]