Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Lower Gravenhurst, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1831.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"LOWER GRAVENHURST, a parish in the hundred of FLITT, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (east) from Silsoe, containing 63 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £7.12.11., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, was built by Robert de Bilhemore, whose armorial bearings are displayed on the porch, and to whose memory there is a tomb without date."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]