GENUKI Home page    Lower Gravenhurst Parish<br>main page Lower Gravenhurst
main page

Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)

"LOWER GRAVENHURST, a parish in the hundred of FLITT, county of BEDFORD, 3 miles (E.) from Silsoe, containing 63 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £7. 12.11., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, was built by Robert de Bilhemore, whose armorial bearings are displayed on the porch, and to whose memory there is a tomb without date."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2010]

This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014