GENUKI Home page    Luton Parish Luton
Parish
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"BISCOTT, (or Biscot) a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, in the county of Bedford, 2 miles from Luton."

"CHILTERN GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, county Bedford, 2½ miles south south east of Luton."

"EAST HYDE, a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, county Bedford, 3 miles south east of Luton.

"GREAT BRAMINGHAM, (and Little) hamlets in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, in the county of Bedford, 4 miles to the north of Luton.

"LEAGRAVE, (or Leegrave or Lightgrave) a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, county Bedford, the source of the river Lea, near Lea(grave) Marsh, in county Beds, 3 miles north west of Luton.

"LIMBURY-CUM-BISCOTT, a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, county Bedford, 2 miles north west of Luton. It is situated on the ancient Icknield Way."

"LUTON HOO, a large single house in the parish of Luton, county of Bedfordshire, 2 miles south east of Luton."

"NEW MILL END, a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, county Bedford, 2½ miles south east of Luton."

"NEW TOWN, a village in the parish of Luton, county of Bedfordshire, 1½ miles south east of Luton. It is a suburb of Luton."

"PARK TOWN, a village in the parish of Luton, county of Bedfordshire, 1½ miles south east of Luton. It is a suburb of Luton."

"RAMRIDGE END, a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, county Bedford, 2 miles north east of Luton."

"ROUND GREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, county Bedford, 1 mile north east of Luton."

"SOMERIES, a small hamlet in the parish of Luton, county of Bedfordshire, 2 miles south east of Luton."

"STOCKWOOD, a hamlet in the parish of Luton, county of Bedfordshire, 1 mile south south west of Luton. This hamlet is placed in the middle of Stockwood Park."

"STOPSLEY, a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, county Bedford, 2¼ miles north east of Luton, its post town."

"THRALES END, a small hamlet in the parish of Luton, county of Bedfordshire, 3 miles south south east of Luton."

"WEST HYDE, a hamlet in the parish of Luton, hundred of Flitt, county Bedford, 3 miles south east of Luton. It contains several farmhouses, and the residence of Lionel Hames, Esq., called The Hyde. John S. Leigh, Esq., is lord of the manor.

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014