Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1831.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831]
(unless otherwise stated)
"MARSTON-MORETAINE, a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 4 Miles (north-west) from Ampthill, containing 899 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £33. 17. 3½, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of St. John's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Mary is in the later style of English architecture; the tower is detached. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2013]