We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"MARSTON-MORETAINE, a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (N.W) from Ampthill, containing 899 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £33.17.3½, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of St. John's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St.Mary, is in the later style of English architecture: the tower is detached. There is a place of worship lor Wesleyan Methodists."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]