GENUKI Home page    Marston Moretaine Parish<br>main page Marston Moretaine
Parish
main page

MARSTON-MORETAINE:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)

"MARSTON-MORETAINE, a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (N.Wt) from Ampthill, containing 899 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £33.17 35 and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows ot ZHJohn's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St.Mary, is in the later style of English architecture: the tower is detached. There is a place of worship lor Wesleyan Methodists."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014